What They Don't Teach You In Sales School
Combining a successful 30-year career in technology sales and in-depth interviews with other career sales executives, sales managers, as well as C-level executive decision-makers, the author offers sound advice for individuals interested in pursuing a career in professional sales. The primary goal of the book is to accelerate the learning curve for professional sales execs. The next objective is to make it an enjoyable read by sharing real sales stories that underscore a sales principle. Readers typically remember a principle if it is told via a story. The story can then be applied to one’s personal sales environment.
Additionally, these stories relate to higher-level principles that the author refers to as UNIVERSAL SALES TRUTHS. These are truths that stand the test of time. Regardless of the timeframe, environment, product or service, if you adhere to these UNIVERSAL SALES TRUTHS, everything else will take care of itself. The author deals with topics that are rarely covered in sales-related books, such as developing an annual business plan, the art of listening, career changes, handling a lost sale, the financial sale, and the business relationship.
This is NOT a book of sales tactics and closing strategies. It is written for individuals interested in taking their career as a professional sales exec to the highest level.
- Combining the experience from a 30 year successful career in technology sales
- Sound advice for individuals interested in pursuing a career in professional sales.
- In depth interviews from other career sales executives, sales management and C level executive decision makers
This is NOT a book of sales tactics and closing strategies. It is written for individuals interested in taking their careers as professional sales execs to the highest level.
- Developing Your Annual Business Plan
- How Well Do You Know Your Product or Service
- Know Who You’re Calling On
- The Art of Listening
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone and Sell at All Levels
- Presentation Skills/Proposal Generation
- The Financial Sale/How to Manufacture Business
- Working With Sales Management
- Selection of Resources
- The Business Relationship/Entertainment
- Sales Execs Don’t Close Large Transactions – Clients Buy Because…?
- Handling a Lost Sale/What Can You Learn?
- Account Management/Competition
- The Sales Triangle/Management-Sales-Clients, or Balancing the Three-legged Stool
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Career Changes Both In and Out of Your Industry
- Putting it All Together